Monday 31 March 2014

The itinerant gamer

The painting continues. I've finished the BUF and Welsh Nationalists for VBCW. Although I enjoy the setting, I can't agree with the way the Welsh are portrayed. It is really unlikely that people would switch from non-conformist chapel to Catholicism. I can see them seeking aid from the Irish nationalists but that would be union of convenience rather than bound by religion. 
For my birthday I was given some vouchers for my local game store, which were used to get a box of the PSC 15mm Cromwells. This together with some half tracks and infantry will form the basis of XXX Corps. I've already got the paras and will move onto the German forces soon. The plan is to do market garden as a summer project once the shed is built.
If anyone remembers the shed is to be the gaming zone for my boys and I. I've decided that it needs to be a little smaller so have gone with a 16x10 area. This will still allow a 6x6 or 6x8 table, plus a good area for storage. It's being delivered today and assembled tomorrow so hopefully soon I can post some pictures. It's all coming together at the right time as the planning application has gone in for the rest of the building works.

No comments:

Post a Comment