Thursday 14 July 2016

Butterfly nature

No sooner have I posted about my historical passion then I've moved onto something else. I bought the Stormclaw box for the last edition of 40K and left it sitting on the to do pile. Whilst sorting out the shed I found a box of orc raiders from Rogue Trader and felt they needed painting. I've chosen a very simple colour scheme. Since they all have coal scuttle type helmets, they've been given feldblau uniforms with black webbing etc. The guns are valejo gunmetal blue as is the armour plates. With a soft tone wash they are suitably grubby. This inspired me to paint the orcs from the stormreach box, as well as some random Dark angels I found on eBay.
I have the Betrayal at Calth set and I think I've decided to paint the lot as Blood angels as that will give me 6 Chapters: Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Angels of Redemption (DA successor) and Golden Scythes (Space Wolves successors).  That should be enough for any campaign or set of rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment