Friday 12 November 2010

Update on painting

last time I posted that I was working on more Nazi zombies. Well these are finished to the point the quickshade is on and once it's dry I'll drybrush the bases with a dark earth colour. Also waiting for bases to be completed are the dark angels veterans and the chaos marines as well as a new unit of 10 imperial guard. Previously my IG were Tallarn and Cadians in a desert camo scheme as they were painted at around the same time as my 28mm modern US troops, (remember them?). This group have been done in feldgrau with black armour and guns. I have to say they look ok, especially when the dip is applied.

Next onto the painting table are a FOW German mortar and HMG platoon, and some WW1 French for variety.

I hope to get through these in the not too distant future so I can move onto the WW2 Russians I WON in a Battlegames competition. Yes a £50 voucher gets you a lot of 28mm Plastic russians from the plastic toy soldier company (3 boxes by adding £5 of my own money, or 171 miniatures). I don't think I'll do all 3 boxes in one go or I'll get bored and stall. Perhaps if I break them up with some sudan fuzzy wuzzies (it will give me an excuse to get some more British for that period), or some Warlord games ECW?

my painting time is limited now as my job has changed slightly so I now have to work shifts including nights, rather than an on-call system. Still it does mean that for 6 weeks in every 12 I only work 9-5 so it can't be all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment