Saturday 21 December 2013

pre-Xmas update

The Spencer Smith armies are growing. I've added some more marching figures and artillery, again form the very nice man in North London. Each has been well packed and posted very promptly. He trades under the name phor2273, so keep a look out on eBay if you like these figures. I shouldn't be giving this stuff out as now you'll be bidding against me!

I also had delivery this week of my Wild West Exodus pledge rewards. I was a little sad to see how small the box was, as I had ordered one of the battlefoam cases to put the figures in. I hope this is coming separately but have emailed them just in case. The figures come bagged individually which is good as some of the bits have come off the sprues in transit. The figures look very well detailed at first glance but I haven't looked to closely yet. I'll let you know how they paint up in due course.

I have added some Character figures to my WW2 armies, with Lord Lovet and his piper now leading the commandos; and Johnny Frost for the Paras.

I'm very impressed with the 15/18mm CSA figures from Blue Moon, and am really excited by how they look based up. As I'll probably be using them for pick-up games of Black Powder, I've based them 8 figures to a 60x30mm base, just because I had them from a failed Polemos project and they look "right" in this configuration.

I'm hoping the fat man will leave some goodies as I have reduced the lead mountain so that counts as being good doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment