Monday 30 December 2013

Sheriff Fatman started out as a granny farmer........

This season the fatman has been very generous, and the tally is as follows
3 bags of 18mm Blue Moon Confederates to add to the brigade thats nearing completion.
2 bags of 48 Spencer smiths plastics ( so I now know who else in my town I was bidding against!)
The dagger and talon supplement for tomorrows war - now I can use my 40k figures for a game that makes sense
The Zulu war supplement for black powder  - hopefully this will inspire me to finish the impi in plastic thats waiting....

Although it's not the new year till the day after tomorrow we're going to be busy with friends visiting so here are my resolutions for the next year:

1) Finish painting the Spencer Smiths and get the boys to enjoy the delights of old school gaming.
2) Finish at least a brigade for either side in the ACW and game with them at least once.
3) Paint all the stuff I've Kickstarted (28mm russo-finish war, 15mm ancients and Wild West Exodus)
4) Be lead neutral this year.

There are other thoughts I'm having. There are several ears (crimean, crusades, celts and romans and vikings) that I have the start of armies in 28mm but will need to expand considerably to get playable armies. If i continue to get on with 15/18mm painting then I might send them the way of the Napoleonics etc. I am worried that I might get tempted back to that era when the 15mm Plastic Soldier company figures come out (I'm guessing at Salute) but have consoled myself that if they have the same number of figures as their WW2 sets I can base them singularly and then have enough for Sharp Practice, or multibase them and have a few regiments for black powder. I know that Will is a someone who will do all you need for a range once he starts so I'm not worried on that score, more concerned with my megalomania.

No comments:

Post a Comment