Monday 14 December 2015

End of the year approaches

We're having more work done on the house so my chances of getting my painting mojo into full swing are low. I've got 6mm Prussians almost complete and some 15mm Hoplites from war and empire and basecoated. The Hoplites have been great fun to paint. Even in my hands they look good. I've decided on 8 per 60x30 base, so the standard pack  of 24 will give me 3 bases including command. I might go less figures on the same base size for loose order or skirmishing troops. I think cavalry will be four to the base. With standard bases I could use them for several sets of rules.

The Six week war project is ongoing. I think I'll see how BBB works with my base sizes (60x45) and leave the rest of the measurements the same. I'll report back when I've had a chance to game a decent battle. 

The Fatman is approaching, yet this year I've not really asked for anything hobby related. If my wife is desperate I've said to get some landwehr command for the plastic Prussians but otherwise it just a few books. I did ask for the Perry's battle in a box but doubt that will come.

After Christmas will be Crusade, and looking at the list of traders it might be more worthwhile going this year than last. I think much will depend on what comes for Xmas and how much I get done between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment