Wednesday 16 December 2015

More end of year thoughts

Just a few more things that have occurred to me, viz a viz wargaming. This year I have been searching for rules for the periods I've been focused on. The most tricky has been for the late  19th century since ideally I'd like a set of rules that would cover both the Acw and the fpw. That way I'd only have to remember one set so stand a chance of getting it right more often than not. The more I look the more I feel that the only one that might do it is Black Powder, for the reason that it is very generic to start with. Hopefully the Acw supplement is not far off so I can carry on painting till then.

The hoplites have proved a welcome diversion from the 6mm stuff, but I'm itching to have a go at some 30mm Acw Spencer smiths, as well as some plastic Perry versions. My big issue is that the Kalistra 12mm range is very pretty and fits more with the big battle vision. I suppose I could use the 30mm for large skirmishes of a couple units a side in a Longstreet campaign but will have to wait and see. I think the best thing to do is to put the Spencer Smiths next on the paint queue and get a couple of pack of 12mm To do at the same time. He losing scale can then go on eBay!

No comments:

Post a Comment