Wednesday 30 August 2017

Ongoing Work

I have ruptured my achilles tendon so have 5-6 weeks on crutches. This is making getting any hobbying done very difficult. I have painted the Primaris marines from the new 8th edition 40k box as blood angels, and am reasonably happy with the results. I started with a dark red then a red wash followed by 2 layers of highlights. The trickiest part was applying the transfers for the chapter markings as they didn't want to slide off the backing paper easily.
The Nurgle marines are just waiting for their bases to be done, and then I'll start on the pox walkers.
At the same time I've managed to do 2 frost giants from Bones. This look like oversized viking dwarves so will be an addition to my Dwarf army. At the moment this has a regiment of pike and shot dwarves that are true 25mm but look like gnomes next to GW or Mantic dwarves. I think I will treat them as gnomes, but they are still a great unit. My ongoing plan is to develop armies for 3rd Edition Warhammer from a variety of sources. For example, I have some of the new Chaos Warriers from the Age of Sigmar and will use them both as Khorne cultists for 40k as well as Chaos marauders for Fantasy.
With my leg injury it is unlikely that I'll get to either Colours or Warfare. Hopefully this means I can work on the lead mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment