Tuesday 9 April 2019

Featherstone weekend

A little late but time to post my thoughts on this years Featherstone Weekend. It was a Sudan game using figures, terrain and rules all supplied by Mr Steve Thompson. Apart from the fact that everything had been built and painted since this time last year, the majority of the sculpts were custom castings!

The scenario was a British column marching out to relieve a town and pick up the Colonel's wife from a vilage on the way. As well as British infantry and Cavalry, the column contained Egyptian and Indian troops, and a full baggage train. Not only did the column need to reach the city, but also defend the camp and the baggage train.

To help there were 3 gunboats on the Nile with a mix of Canon and Machine guns.
I commanded the Bengal Lancers, and maintained my form of being useless! I was awarded 3 white feathers for my troops behaviour, which meant me ending up as the lowest scoring command with -58! David Hill ( a damn colonial no less) managed 90! He was awarded a VC and Bar.

Despite my troops running away on Sunday Morning, I had great fun and am looling forward to the Zulu war next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment