Wednesday 1 July 2009

Slooooow painting

I realised that I forgot completely about this blog thing. Part of it is due to the lack of time for painting due to work stuff and a backlog of good books to read.
The main reason is I'm stuck in a rut. I'm halfway through a bargain bucket of old style WH40K orcs (20 boyz with guns and choppas, 20 gretchen with lasguns, 10 with what look like shotguns and another 6 boyz with guns). I've also just put together a box of Victrix penisular british, as well as a box of Khorne beserkers.

To get away from the plastic mountain I've started on the Renagade WW1 germans, and have made good progress there, but in a moment of madness I ordered 4 more regiments to take advantage of their deal (buy 4 get one free).

So despite my best intentions the lead mountain is growing, and the end seems far off. Especially as I've decided to rebase all my Naps and SYW. I'm going to a 40cm square base with 4 casting on each for infantry, and 2 for cavalry as this should allow me to move between the General de Brigade rules and the new foundry Napoleon rules.

Sooo, only 500 bases to re-do then. At this rate I'll finish just before christmas 2050. And that's before I start on the 10mm Zulus. british and c19th austrians/prussians, as well as the 10mm WW1 stuff......

No comments:

Post a Comment